Most Read Articles>> Alpharetta church organist says he was forced to resign for being gay
>> Petition pops up urging Atlanta City Council to outlaw sex shops on Cheshire Bridge Road
>> Ga. Rep. Simone Bell named a 'Harvey Milk Champion of Change'
>> 'Soft' benefits only for domestic partners at UGA
>> Lesbian poet Theresa Davis celebrates release of new book 'After This We Go Dark'
What You Need To Know This Week (5/19 - 5/25)
The Bilerico Project | 25 May 2013 | 3:00 pm
Openly Gay Pro Soccer Player Robbie Rogers To Join Los Angeles Galaxy
Joe. My. God. | 25 May 2013 | 2:52 pm
Picture book teaches children of ‘God’s plan’ to demonize LGBT families
LGBTQ Nation | 25 May 2013 | 12:30 pm
NOM's Brian Brown Says Ending Gay Ban On Scouts Will Sexualize The Boy Scouts
On Top Magazine Headlines | 25 May 2013 | 12:25 pm
WATCH: The Fire Island Pines Pavilion — Rebuilding An Icon
Queerty | 25 May 2013 | 7:26 am
|Dance diva Kristine W to perform at Atlanta Pride — and a festival roundup (so far)|
|by Dyana Bagby|
|August 28, 2012 20:31|
She's going to give "Everything That I Got" and Atlanta Pride revelers are sure to shout and bounce with joy as she does.
Pop sensation Kristine W is the latest entertainer to sign on to play Atlanta Pride on Oct. 13-14, following an already impressive lineup that includes Andy Bell of Erasure, Amy Ray of Indigo Girls and British sensation Rita Ora.
“The weekend is going to be just fantastic and we are looking forward to seeing the community come out and support our efforts while enjoying all of our talented artists performing this year at Pride!" said Atlanta Pride Committee chair Glen Paul Freedman.
Kristine W's performance comes on Saturday and is part of her tour to promote her new album, "New & Number Ones." According to the APC, "her new album both celebrates and adds to a legacy that includes her record setting streak of most consecutive No. 1 hits on Billboard's Dance Club Songs chart."
Atlanta Pride plans to roll out its entire line up in September. But so far the APC has given us a sizable peek into what to expect during the fest in Piedmont Park.
We know about the key music acts. At least most of them.
But what else do we know about the 2012 Atlanta Pride fest?
• The opening night party on Friday, Oct. 12, is at the Georgia Aquarium and tickets are selling fast.
• Honorary grand marshals this year are rugby stud and straight ally Ben Cohen, founder of the StandUp Foundation that seeks to eliminate bullying and homophobia in sports; and Stuart Milk, nephew of Harvey Milk, one of the world's most renowned gay activists who was assassinated in 1978.
Cohen, whose StandUp Foundation is based in Atlanta, is regularly seen at Atlanta events and last year participated with the Atlanta Bucks in the Atlanta Pride parade.
Stuart Milk has made a name for himself in LGBT advocacy and as co-founder and board president of the Harvey Milk Foundation.
• And for the 2012 Atlanta Pride Grand Marshals, the list is impressive and diverse:
• Vandy Beth Glenn, the transgender woman who sued the state of Georgia in federal court and won after she was fired from her job as a legislative editor at the Gold Dome for being transgender;
• Jeff Graham, executive director of Georgia Equality and a longtime LGBT and HIV activist;
• Danny Ingram, national president of the American Veterans for Equal Rights;
• Dr. Julie Kubala, a lesbian activist and Senior Lecturer and Director of Undergraduate Studies for the Women’s Studies Institute at Georgia State University;
• Rev. Joshua Noblitt, minister of social justice at Saint Mark United Methodist Church;
• Anita Rae Strange, aka "Blondie," the city's infamous stripper at the Clermont Lounge who can squeeze beer cans between her breasts while also advocating openly for LGBT equality;
• the Alpha Chapter of Sigma Omega Phi Fraternity Int., founded for all masculine-identified gay females;
• and the Armorettes, the "Camp Drag Queens of the South" who have raised nearly $2 million for AIDS support services in the past 33 years.
Here's a taste of what Kristine W has to offer:
Joomla Templates and Joomla Extensions by ZooTemplate.Com